The KM-550 is a brand new upgraded version of the popular KM-505 model (better woods, more extensive graduation).
- Solid, hand-carved and graduated select spruce top
- Solid, hand-carved select flamed maple back and sides
- One piece maple neck with dovetail neck/body joint at 15th fret
- Nitro-cellulose finish
- Radiused ebony fingerboard with M.O.P. dot position markers and modern extension over the body
- Bound neck
- Vintage-style ebony bridge with small adjustment wheels
- Traditional 2-screw truss rod cover plate.
- Bone nut
- Highly polished nickel silver frets
- Gold-plated tailpiece with leather insert
- High-quality, gold-plated tuners with engraved plate and removable buttons
- Fully Setup in the Folkmusician Shop (extensive, including fret and bridge work)
- Wooden Hardshell case included
Learn about the additional work performed on this mandolin.
Mandolin Setup - (performed by Folkmusician).
Click the link below to read about our mandolin setup.