Each Kentucky KM-1000 Master model mandolin handcrafted by master luthiers whose meticulous workmanship and attention to detail result in an instrument that is as perfect on the inside as it is on the outside. The superb quality of these instruments is evident in every facet of their construction, from selection of the choicest quarter sawn close-grained spruce and highly figured flat-sawn maples to hand the carving and graduation of tops and backs. As a result, Kentucky KM-1000 Master Model Mandolin is the best playing, best sounding, and most aesthetically pleasing new mandolin on the market at any price.
- Solid, hand-carved and graduated select red spruce top
- Solid, flat-sawn, hand-carved select highly flamed maple back and sides from Northern Michigan
- One-piece maple neck with dovetail neck/body joint at the 15th fret
- Nitro-cellulose finish in a traditional 1920’s sunburst
- Ebony fingerboard with M.O.P. dot position markers and 29 fret extension over the body
- Ivoroid binding on all edges
- Kentucky script and original-design “Flower Pot” inlaid in pearl
- Vintage-style ebony bridge with small adjustment wheels
- Traditional 2-screw truss rod cover plate
- Perfectly shaped M.O.P. nut
- Highly polished nickel-silver frets
- Engraved tail-piece with leather insert
- High-quality, Gotoh tuners with engraved plate and removable buttons
- Fully Setup in the Folkmusician Shop
- Deluxe OBLONG wooden Hardcase Included
Learn about the additional work performed on this mandolin.
Mandolin Setup - (performed by Folkmusician).
Click the link below to read about our mandolin setup.